A self-treatment for post pelvic radiotherapy adhesions and scarring. Developed in conjunction with The UK National Forum of Gynaecological Oncology Nurses, Amielle Care vaginal dilators help to reduce the risk of scarring and offer an effective way for women to take an active role in their treatment.
Using vaginal dilators, such as Amielle Care can help prevent this formation of scar tissue. Amielle Care dilators have a flat top to reach up to the cervix, ensuring a reach to the areas where scar tissue might form. Amielle Care is usually given to women who have received radiotherapy to the upper part of their vagina due to the shape of the dilators.
- Radiotherapy to the upper part of the vagina can cause the vagina to narrow, become drier and less elastic due to scar tissue formation. Preventing the formation of scar tissue within the vagina helps ensure that it remains supple so that sexual intercourse and vaginal examinations can be performed without discomfort or pain.
The set includes:
- 4 graduated dilators (Diameters 2cm, 2,5cm, 2.8cm and 3cm)
- A universal secure-locking handle to make dilator insertion and removal easier
- Sylk lubricant; free of parabens, hormones and harmful chemicals
- Instructions for use
Sylk Natural Lubricant
Sylk, which has been carefully selected for use with Amielle sets, relieves vaginal dryness, and is perfect whenever that little bit of extra comfort is required.
Returning ‘intimate use’ products
The Amielle Care and Comfort sets are covered under warranty for a period of 12 months after purchase. If any of the accessories become materially defective during the warranty period, there are various options open to users:
- The device should be returned to the point of purchase for a refund
- Report directly to Owen Mumford – with proof of purchase for investigation